Ask lawyers for free -

Ask a Laywer

Add Question Details

Need to speak with a lawyer now? Try findlawyer advisor.

Browse Latest Questions

NON SOLICITATION: You are not expected to solicit for employment or take up employment from any of our Client’s during the period of employment and for a period of one (1) year after determination of your employment. Violation of this shall entitle our company to assert liquidated damages against you in the sum equal to 150% of annual salary together with reasonable Legal fees incurred for enforcing this provision.
My tenant will not move out. WHat Can I do? He has promised to leave since the last 6 months and hasnt don so.
Hi. Am a single mom and I have a daughter of 4yrs. Since the time I conceived av been the only one taking responsibilities of my child. Her fathers family are always giving excuses that they don't have money that's why they can't take responsibilities.. It's not been easy but by God's grace I have been able to pull through and still learning the process of becoming a great mom. Am not complaining about the responsibilities because I can do it all alone.(at least I have been doing it for the past 4yrs now and am okay with it. ) How possible is it to get full custody since my child's father isn't contributing a penny. And what does the law say about custody of single parent. Note:Am not married to him.
Pls help me out cos am really confused...Thanks and God bless.

Is proxy marriage legal in Nigeria . ?

We had an Islamic marriage, and he has given me Talaq+Islamic divorce agreement, though have not signed it). Pls advise.
John borrowed a sum of #20,000 from me, and promised to pay before the 17th of march 2017, I traveled to Abuja for a business and ran out of money, I met John at Abuja Town and demanded the repayment of my money to enable me travel back to Lagos, John explained to me that he will not be able to pay all but gave me #15,000 as full and final payment which I accepted.
We later saw in Lagos and I want to recover the balance of my money. Am consulting you for legal advice. Advice me.
Tunde entered into an agreement with funso under which funso was to paint the former car for an agreed sum of money. Funso mistaking tolu's car for Tunde painted tolu's car. After the paint work had been done, Tolu was so satisfied; that he promised funso that he would pay for the services. Tolu later changed his mind and has refused to pay. Advice the parties.
Good day sir/MA, kindly look into my issue and advice because I need a lawyer ASAP. He also posted pictures of himself and the lady in question wearing the same t-shirt on Facebook and announced his relationship with her to everyone including family members and friends. My husband and I got married on the 7th of November 2014 in a registry in lagos then did other rites church and traditional marriage in may 2015.
We have been okay until June after I delivered my daughter he started to act funny and was threatening to get physical with me even for very irrelevant issues, he has done that a few things in our marriage. On one occasion my mum and his dad were around and a little agreement ensued between us and in front of them he said "you will pay for this" kind of threaten my life, he later went ahead to text my dad that he was no longer interested in our marriage for no just reason, he actions were questionable. Days later things got worse he was acting irratic like he was going to hurt me, for fear of my life I kind of escaped to my parents house with my daughter who was about 1 month and half this was on the 15th of July 2016.. My family made efforts to resolve the issue but he wasn't ready to and he even dragged his family along on his decision and the father was solidly behind him that the marriage should come to an end for no reasonable reason. Since then till now he hasn't asked about his daughter or even sent one dime, presently a lady who I have always know as his colleague has moved into my home with my husband, I just never knew he was having an affair and this lady is using my properties and all my things, my neighbors keep seeing her even tie my wrapper. Before this I went to back to my home to discover my husband has changed all the locks. I am a nursing mother and for now I am not working yet and he left responsibility of this child on me alone.. Mind you the house and properties in it we both together, I paid the house rent and both my own quotes, and he has his things too even my personal belonging and that of my daughter is all there.. What can I do legal about this situation??? What can I sue him for? How can I enforce his taken care of his child responsibility? Especially as a legal wife.... Is this a case of bigamy? Or what exactly? Or is there nothing the law can do for me as he has gone against the oath of the marriage under act. Thanks my legal friends.. I will pick my law as soon as I get a satisfactory response so we Commerce work ASAP. God bless
I want a divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences what do I do? What are the procedures
Good day lawyer,please I need your advise on this issue that has bugged me for long

Partiality in allocation of federal government landed property by presidential implementation committee on the sale of govt houses in lagos.

Sometime in 2006,my husband(of blessed memory) obtained expression of interest form for the the 2 bedroom flat where we have lived for 23 years, after the govt advertised the sale of its properties for legal sitting tenants . thereafter,he filled the form and obtained a #10000 bank draft which is the required fee for proof of expression of interest.once he was through with the process, he proceeded to the lagos state liaison office of the committee at oyikan abayomi drive,ikoyi on September 9 of that same year along with a letter of introduction signed by his then commander,acknowledging him as the occupant of the said property;and submitted all the required documents.

About six(6) months later,on the 27th of march 2007;he took part in the FHA house verification exercise which was conducted at festac.he paid the sum of #5000 for the verification and was issued a receipt to that effect.Thereafter,he was issued an acknowledgement slip after returning the verification form attached with the dopist slip,letter of allocation,receipt of payment and deed of assignment.follwing the successful completion of the verification,it was indicated in the verification slip that his deed of sublease was being processed.

Fast forward to 2012,when the list of allotees was published,my husband's name was replaced with my neighbour's who equally is an occupant in the said 2bedroom flat.As a matter of fact;we occupy one bedroom and the sitting room while he has the other room and the kitchen,my husband was his senior in rank and number of years in service, and lastly we came into occupation of the said property in 1993 while he occupied his around 1998.

Following the realisation of this perceived injustice on the part of the committee,I was advised by concerned individuals to visit the committee's head office in abuja.Due to paucity of funds,I couldn't go immediately. It was 2 years later, in 2014 I took my son there and informed them of the anomaly. Upon getting there,we explained the discrepancy to the lady in charge,following which she searched for the file containing the list of those who expressed interest in the property. surprisingly, we found my husband's name written in ink instead of typed as is the case with other occupants in the block of 16 flats.after this discovery,i was directed to write a letter to the head of the committee detailing all these,this I did and received a stamped copy.

In june of the same year, being five months after we filed the petition, I called the lady to ask about their decision on the matter,and I was informed my husband made an error in the expression of interest form which I view as inconsequential.The only error he made while filling the form was where he wrote 2003 instead of 2006 when he filled and submitted the form.

I am aware the committee engages in shady deals in order to make extra money from the sale of these properties which number over is on this backdrop that my neighbour sensing my husband is late,went behind to bribe the committee in order that my husbands name can be replaced with his.

As I write this,he has issued me and my 7 kids a notice to quit by end of September and I have no where to go since I'm yet to get my late husband's insurance claim.i have a shop close to where I live and that's me and my kid's only source of livelihood.As a matter of fact,of the 5 widows in my neighborhood, I am the only one experiencing this injustice,as others have been issued their offer of leasehold letters.Also,the said neighbour has a house that is near completion and has been transfered out of the state leaving his wife and 3 kids behind.I on the other hand have 7 kids and a grand child to cater for.

What do you think,seeing as my husband is entitled to this property on the basis of seniority and preoccupation;and not the flimsy excuse of the minor error he made on the form,as this is inconsequential? what is important is the fact that he expressed interest in the property when it was advertised(2006),paid the required fee as proof of his expression of interest, and the Nigeria police deducts his monthly rent from his salary from 1993 to 2011 when he passed on.

I sent a petition to the directorate for Citizen's Right,lagos state ministry of justice following which a letter was given to me to deliver to the presidential implementation committee's liaison office at ikoyi.It will be 2 weeks by Monday since I submitted the letter.I'm about to go to the office of the public defender so I can get a lawyer because I'm not satisfied with the lackadaisical attitude of the guys at the directorate for Citizen's Right.please advise me accordingly, this injustice shouldn't see the light of the day.

Thank you.

Good Sir/Ma,
I have a lady who sue me to court because of my two kids. i met mother of kids in Oct 2012 while she advice me to get accommodation far from my parent. we both rent 2 bedroom flat in MOWE area and we are unmarried due to dating married men and receiving calls alot from married men. she gave birth to a son in Dec 2013 while i lost my Job in july 2013. she told me she want to go back to her parent house while i didnt allow her to take my son with her to her parent house, after she left i got another job within a week she left. she couldnt endure 3months i lost my job. i told her ve gotten anoda job while she also told me she's prgnant for me for second baby. i still did my normal responbility on both kids and her. latter discover my son is HIV positive while am negative, her mother also did the test when she was pregnant discovered she's positive. i slept hospital for almost 3 months to make sure my son is ok and also discovered he's having tuberculoses also stay in hospital for 2 months to make sure he's ok. presently he's having Whooping cough which am trying my best with both prayers and money to make sure he's ok. for second baby i make sure she took HIV drugs given to her after birth, to make sure she's. everyday i always go to my wife parent place to look after my baby girl to know her welfare and her drugs is taking everyday. the mother of my kids weak point is that she does not have time for my baby girl by going out for Shows(music) coming late hour and her attitude toward me is bad. Now she went to welfare to make complain that i took the baby girl which i did because i want her to be with me and also sue me to court. Kindly advise me what should i do?
As a Nigerian citizen do I need a lawyer Or what are the significance of having a lawyers?
Pls how can I go about this
I've done a declaration and newspaper publishing of the change of my name. All my documents are having my previous name but I decided to use the new name for anything I'm doing after the change of name.

Now I want to register for masters degree but my certificates are carrying my previous name but I choose to use the new name on my masters degree certificate.

What should I do?
Can a commercial lease be broken with out written notice?
What is my personal liability if there is an injury accident and the company is found negligent & liable?
When a Landlord doesn't want his tenant to renew his rents,the Landlord owes him how many months advance to search for another house?
How do I register my company?
I had an agreement with my agent about a job and we agreed to a certain time,but at the end of the day he wanted me to stay later than our agreed time,he's always doing this and the pay remains the same,what steps can I take to sue him?
I adopted my son as a single mother when he was an infant. He is now 9 yrs old. My husband and I have been married for 6 months, and we would like for him to officially adopt my son. There is no father listed on the Birth Certificate. I would like to know the process we need to go through to accomplish this, without using an attorney. What forms need to be completed.
I was divorced nearly 4 years ago and have recently been remarried. My ex-husband is the biological father of one of my children and the "physiological parent" of the other. My daughter believes my ex-husband to be her father. Her biological father consented to a paternity test but refuses to pay child support more than $62.50/month (well below the threshold for the DOJ calculator). I've never has him added to her birth certificate and we do not currently have an order of support. He see's her maybe twice a year but has no contact with her otherwise.
My now husband wishes to adopt my daughter. Assuming the biological father consents what obsticles are forseeable with my ex-husband, if any? Can he object? Will he be notified by the court? Is this a fairly "straight forward" proceeding?

About Legal Answers

Consumers: Ask Lawyers Questions and Get Answers for Free!

Lawyers: Answer Questions and earn Points and Exposure to Potential Clients.

Questions by Practice Area

Findlawyer is not guaranteeing the level of competence of any Legal Practitioner and will not be responsible for the negligent act of any Legal Practitioner thereof. The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and findlawyer, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship.