I was divorced nearly 4 years ago and have recently been remarried. My ex-husband is the biological father of one of my children and the "physiological parent" of the other. My daughter believes my ex-husband to be her father. Her biological father consented to a paternity test but refuses to pay child support more than $62.50/month (well below the threshold for the DOJ calculator). I've never has him added to her birth certificate and we do not currently have an order of support. He see's her maybe twice a year but has no contact with her otherwise.
My now husband wishes to adopt my daughter. Assuming the biological father consents what obsticles are forseeable with my ex-husband, if any? Can he object? Will he be notified by the court? Is this a fairly "straight forward" proceeding?

Tags: Adoptions, Share: